Google Duo is a free, simple video calling app that brings you face-to-face with the people who matter most. Group call with 32 participants today. CNET Download provides free downloads for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices across all categories of software and apps, including security, utilities, games, video and browsers.
Editor's note: Google Duo is available only on the App Store for iPhone and iPad. You can try one of Mac alternatives: Zoom or Skype.
Google Duo for Mac is a simple video and voice calling app available for the Android and iOS operating systems. This service allows making high-quality calls and sending video messages to help you always stay in touch with those who matter most for you.
Group video calls
Google Duo lets you meet face to face up to 8 people in one video call simultaneously. Use group calls to stay in touch with your friends and a family at the most important moments.
Calls between Android and iOS users
Initially, the app has been available only for Android and iOS users. It is reliable, and works on different devices, including smartphones, tablets, and Google Nest. Now you can also try Google Duo on Mac.
Low light mode
Duo Google App For Windows
After a recent upgrade, Google Duo allows you to make better-quality video calls by optimizing them for poor lighting conditions.
Are you on the go and don?t have time to type the text? Use Google Duo to send instant video messages with fun effects.
You can make audio calls when you have no opportunity to chat or talk over a video.
Would you like to try all these handy features? Learn here how to download Google Duo for Mac.
Note: Data charges may apply. We recommend checking your carrier for details. The availability of specific features can vary on devices with different specifications.Release Notes Version 96.0:
- Make group video calls with up to 12 people
- Send video and voice messages, photos and notes to a group
- Quickly react to video messages with emojis
- Create personalized notes when you can't call or record a message
Looking for a video calling app that offers high quality video calls without some complicated shenanigans. Google Duo is the ultimate video calling app, that is the answer to your prayers. Duo is a one-to-one video calling app which has one function and one function only. The app is cross platform as as it just not offer connectivity over android devices but iOS devices as well. Google Due is the company’s alternative to Apple’s FaceTime. Where Apple only allows you to connect with iPhone users, in contrast Duo lets you connect and make a call with people on both platforms. The flexibility offered is one of the best features of this app. Google in this perspective says
You shouldn’t have to worry about whether your call will connect or if your friend is using the same type of device as you are.
Google Duo Download For Windows 10
Google has built Duo to increase the use of Video Calling among users. The interface of the app is very basic and that helps with their goal of increasing video calls. There no fancy filters like one offered in SnapChat, no confusing features that make calls so difficult. Duo just does what it is supposed to do, one-to-one video calls. It also encourages both users undecided attention. You are not interrupted by anyone else calling, just give your undivided attention to the person you are talking to and enhance the quality of connectivity.
One of the interesting features that Duo offers is the Knock Knock feature. Even before making the call, it lets you see how you look. The person who you are calling can see your video even before they pick the call up. This functions as a virtual peephole and let’s you see what other people are up to. This gets you smiling even before the call starts. If you want you can disable this function as well. In addition, you do not have to worry about strangers calling you up. Only people who are in your contact list can call you. If you block any one they will also get blocked at other Google apps as well.
Duo is all about simplicity and quality. Its all about video calling. There are no frills, no knobs or dials to adjust, it just works.
The application also offers end-to-end encryption. At a time where we are worry about data and privacy, Google assure that your information is secure. The app also offers high quality of video calls. But at times the Wi-Fi or cellular connection may not offer high quality connection, so for that time Duo adjusts the video quality and does not let the call disconnect. You can switch between camera as well, show the other person what you or the people around you are up to.
Even though the video calling app, Google Duo is just for smartphones, you can download it on your computers systems as well. You can now download and install Google Duo for PCworks flawlessly with systems powered by Mac OS or Windows OS [XP, Vista, 7, 7.1, 8, 10]. To make sure that the download and the installation process goes without a hitch, you will have to get an emulator like BlueStacks, BlueStacks2, Andy OS or Remix OS Players. Once you follow the simple steps given in the guidelines, you are good to go. So, now do what Google Duo says, ‘Never Miss a Moment’.
Download Google Duo for PC (Windows and Mac)
Google Duo App
- Download your desired Android emulator from the comprehensive Android emulator guides available on our site.
- We’ve covered almost 4-5 different Android emulators on our site, out of those our recommendations are in the following manner: (1) BlueStacks > (2) BlueStacks 2 > (3) Andy OS > (4) Remix OS.
- Assuming that you’ve downloaded BlueStacks or BlueStacks 2 emulator, head towards the next steps.
- Open the newly installed BlueStacks or BlueStacks 2 emulator on your Windows or Mac PC.
- Now click on “Search” for BlueStacks, for BlueStacks 2 you will click on “Android tab > Search“.
- Type “Google Duo” and search it using Google Play Store.
- As soon as Google Duo appears in the Play Store, click it and install it.
- Once installed, it will appear under All Apps, for BlueStacks 2 it will appear under Android tab > All Apps.
- Click on the newly installed app or game to open it. Add your phone number, your phone number must not be connected to the Google Duo on any other application previously.
- As soon as you add your phone number, you will get a verification code in a text message on your mobile phone.
- Copy that code and enter it in the Google Duo application running on your PC in an emulator.
- After verification, start using Google Duo. You are all good to go now. That’s all.
Download Google Duo for PC using APK (Windows and Mac)
- Make sure that you’ve downloaded and installed an Android emulator like BlueStacks on your PC.
- Download the Google DuoAPK file on your computer.
- Double click the downloaded APK file and BlueStacks will automatically start installing it.
- For BlueStacks 2, you can also click the APK button in the middle of the toolbar on the left side > locate the APK file and select it to install it.
- Once installed, follow the instructions in step 7-11 in the above method to start using it.
In case you’re having issues using BlueStacks or BlueStacks 2, you can try using Andy OS or Remix OS to play/run Google Duo for PCby going to the same link linked in the very first step of method 1. The guides explain how to install how you can install and run your desired apps for PC without any difficulties. If you’ve got further queries, you may reach us out through our Contact Us page or through the comment box. We will get back to you in the minimum possible time.
Duo App For Laptop
Latest posts by LaptopPCApps (see all)
Duo Video Calling App For Laptop
- Goons.io Knight Warriors for PC on Windows & MAC - October 11, 2017
- Download Dragonstone: Kingdoms for PC (Windows & MAC) - October 10, 2017
- Download Stone Age Solitaire for PC – Windows & MAC - October 10, 2017