Download FaceTime and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Connect with family and friends around the world with FaceTime. Make audio and video calls from your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch to other iOS devices or even a Mac. When you download an app, it should work as promised. Which is why human App Reviewers ensure that the apps on the App Store adhere to our strict app review standards. Our App Store Review Guidelines require apps to be safe, provide a good user experience, comply with our privacy rules, secure devices from malware and threats, and use approved. Download Apple FaceTime for Mac to make video calls to iPhone 4, the new iPod touch, or another Mac. Apple FaceTime for Mac costs $0.99 on the App Store, and it's a fun way to keep in touch.
Looking to download facetime for pc?
Is it even possible to download facetime app on windows pc?
Facetime App For Mac Computer
We have written this guide just to answer these questions..
FaceTime, as the name suggests, is a video calling application that lets you connect with family and loved ones from across the world. It is arguably the most downloaded and used video calling application in the world.
Face Time is developed by Apple Inc. and also supports audio calls along with the video chatting option. Currently, it is available as an application in the Apple Store only and can only be downloaded by Apple users only. The app is compatible with iOS devices like the iPhone, iPad, and iPod. This, however, does not mean that Windows users will be slighted out from using this wonderful app. We have found the method to download facetime app for windows pc.
FaceTime can be easily downloaded on your PC or Laptop, irrespective of the operating system, with the help of an iOS emulator. The steps for downloading facetime for windows are laid out below in this guide.
How to Install Facetime for PC? (Using iOS emulator)
- As FaceTime is only available as an Apple-only smartphone application, an iOS emulator is a must if you want to download it on your PC. The main function of an emulator in general is to replicate the user interface of one device onto another. An iOS emulator specifically replicates the interface of an iOS-powered device on your PC.
- The recommended iOS emulators for this purpose are iPadian and MobiOne Studios. You can use either of the two. The download links to the emulators are available on their websites respectively. Both emulators are fast and virus-free. User reviews back their performance stats. You can also download any other emulator as per your convenience. Make sure the emulator is an iOS variant and virus-free.
- After you have downloaded and installed an emulator of your choice, launch it. The user interface of the emulator must resemble that of an iPhone as mentioned above. If not, uninstall the current emulator and repeat the steps with a new one.
- From the home page of the emulator, open up the Apple store. As you are accessing the Apple Store for the first time from your PC, you will have to mandatorily log in. Here, you can either use an existing Apple ID or create a new one. All you need to do is make an Apple account and verify its details with the app store.
- Once you have successfully logged in to the store, you will get unrestricted access to download and browse the apps there. Go to the Search bar at the top of the window and search for FaceTime.
- The FaceTime smartphone application will immediately appear on your screen as a search result. Click on the Install button next to the app. FaceTime will be downloaded and installed on the emulator.
- Click on the app icon from your emulator to launch the app.
Using VMware to install FaceTime on Windows PC
- Download VMware player on your PC.
- Open the Vmware downloaded file and extract the macros zip file. Run the file and tap on ‘Open a Virtual Machine’.
- A new window will appear where you would be asked to upload the extracted file.
- Tap on ‘Edit Virtual Machine’ and choose the necessary details.
- Once that’s done, VMware is ready for use.
- Relaunch ‘Virtual Machine’ workstation and select ‘Play Virtual Machine’.
- After 10 minutes, macOS will appear on your Windows PC. Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Run FaceTime for pc and make calls.
Note- Make sure your Windows PC runs on Windows 7 or above and has at least 2 GB of RAM.
Check out this video to learn amazing facetime tips and tricks:
Key Features of FaceTime
· FaceTime provides users the perfect opportunity to video chat with friends and family from anywhere in the world.
· As FaceTime is developed by Apple, you can easily sync your contacts with the application. by doing so, you will be able to Face Time people by directly calling on their phone numbers. Alternatively, you can also connect with people over FaceTime with the help of their Apple IDs.
· As mentioned below, both the audio and video call quality of FaceTime is one of the best that smartphones and smart devices can offer currently.
· One of the coolest features of FaceTime is the Animoji and sticker options. Using these, you can add filters and stickers to make your Face Times crazier than ever before. You can apply stickers and emojis to both the front-facing and back cameras of your device.
· Call logs of FaceTime appear on the normal call log list of your device. This makes it easier to find your recently dialed numbers and reconnect quicker.
· You can either make calls using an active Wi-fi connection or cellular data.
· If you have iCloud synced with your contacts and call log list, FaceTime calls will also be updated on the cloud along with normal calls that you make.
FaceTime for Mac- How to use it?
- Open FaceTime and enter your Apple ID and password.
- Reach to ‘Preferences’ and deselect the email ids that you don’t want to be active for FaceTime calls.
- If you wish to add a new Id, follow this process- system preferences->iCloud->account details->contacts. Click + icon to finalize it.
Now, you can use FaceTime. Just follow the below steps-
- Open the app and select the name/number of the person you wish to speak to. For a group call, select names/numbers of the people from your contacts.
- Click the green button to start the call.
You should also know your way around to deal with FaceTime invites. Let’s check how it’s done.
- If FaceTime is open on your Mac, a pop-up notification will appear. If the app is closed, the notification will find a place at the top-right corner of the screen.
- You can see the details (name, number or email id) of the person sending you the invite.
- Tap on one of the options (Accept & Red Handset to cancel) to proceed further.
Alternatives of Facetime for PC
Though the above process of installing FaceTime is stable, many of us may not be comfortable with it. If you are one of them, you may look for FaceTime alternatives to meet your needs. Thankfully, you can find several of them working perfectly in the market. Let’s take a look at 5 of such alternatives for your Windows PC.
- Zoom meeting- This app was specifically designed to meet the needs of video calling. With the capacity of up to 100 people in a single call, Zoom managed to attract millions in a span of 2-3 months. It rocks a reliable interface and receives regular updates, recent ones being background picture customization, quick view of upcoming meetings, etc. The app is easy to install and works well on Windows devices.
- Skype- It’s safe to say that Skype is the 1st app to boost the craze of video calling in the market. Even after being functional for over 15 years, many corporations today blindly rely on Skype to meet their requirement. Yes, the app has updated its interface and introduced useful features like group calling (maximum 50 people), new privacy policies, etc. to stay afloat in the market.
- Wire- Corporations that deal in stocks and finances require extra secure apps for their employees. And Wire is the perfect choice for them. It works as a normal video/audio messaging app but acts as a fortress to protect your data at all costs. It runs multiple secure algorithms to provide the best experience to its users.
- JioMeet- One of the latest additions to the list of video/audio messaging apps, JioMeet is designed to compete against Zoom’s most hyped feature- 100 participants in a single call. Apart from this, the app offers a nice UI with necessary features like driving mode, password protected chats, stickers, no time limit for calls, multi-device support, among others.
- Whatsapp- Since the beginning, Whatsapp has remained one of the top choices for the messaging apps in the market. Be it file sharing, attractive UI or focus on security, millions of users trust this app to fulfil their needs. Some of its latest updates include group calling (up to 8 people), location sharing, message forwards, chat wallpapers, etc. Thanks to Whatsapp web, you can easily use the app on your Windows PC.
Question 1- How do I download FaceTime?
Answer- FaceTime is preinstalled on iOS devices. If you delete the app by mistake, just go to the App Store to download it again.
Question 2- Can you use FaceTime on PC?
Answer- There is no dedicated app for it. You have to rely on its APK file and follow the above-stated process to download the application.
Question 3- Can I FaceTime on my Windows 10 PC?
Answer- Yes. But only through its APK file. Facetime doesn’t rock a dedicated app for Windows devices.
Question 4- Is FaceTime for PC legit?
Answer- Not really. There have been several cases where FaceTime APK files have damaged PCs. You should install such files at your own risk.
Question 5- Can I install FaceTime on my laptop/computer?
Download Facetime For Mac Free
Answer- Yes, you can install its APK file. Just follow the above-listed steps for more information.
Question 6- Is FaceTime for Windows PC safe for my computer?
Download Facetime App For Mac Os X
Answer- We can’t guarantee that. Such APK files are uploaded on the net by untrusted sources. They may contain a virus, which can burn down your PC.