Download MPEG Streamclip for Windows to convert MPEG, QuickTime, and AVI movies into various video formats. Download MPEG Streamclip for Mac free. MPEG Streamclip converts various movies types.
- MPEG Streamclip is a powerful high-quality video converter, player, editor for MPEG, QuickTime, transport streams, iPod.And now it is a DivX editor and encoding machine, and even a movie downloader. You can use MPEG Streamclip to: open and play most movie formats including MPEG files or transport streams; edit them with Cut, Copy, Paste, and Trim; set In/Out points and convert them into muxed.
- MPEG Streamclip for Mac is a powerful high-quality video converter, player, editor for MPEG, QuickTime, transport streams, iPod.And now it is a DivX editor and encoding machine, and even a movie downloader. You can use MPEG Streamclip for macOS to: open and play most movie formats including MPEG files or transport streams; edit them with Cut, Copy, Paste, and Trim; set In/Out points.
- 2012-08-20 (20/08/2012): Newbeta version compatible with Mountain Lion and YouTube:MPEGStreamclip 1.9.3b8 beta.
- 2012-08-20 (20/08/2012): The MPEG-2 Playback Component is still required in Lion and Mountain Lion: please read the note in this page.
You can use MPEG Streamclip to: open most movie formatsincluding MPEGfiles or transport streams; play them at full screen; edit them withCut, Copy, Paste, and Trim; set In/Out points and convert them intomuxed or demuxed files, or export them to QuickTime, AVI, DV and MPEG-4files with more than professional quality, so you can easily importthem in Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Toast 6, 7, 8, and use them withmany other applications or devices.
Supported input formats: MPEG, VOB, PS, M2P, MOD,VRO, DAT, MOV, DV, AVI, MP4, TS, M2T,MMV, REC, VID, AUD, AVR, VDR, PVR, TP0, TOD, M2V, M1V, MPV, AIFF, M1A,MP2,MPA, AC3, ...
This version is not compatiblewith YouTube: if you want to download movies from YouTube,please use the beta version below.
To install MPEG Streamclip, simply drag it into your Applicationsfolder.A complete user's guide is included in the application. You can read itwith the Help menu.
Versionchanges (click to show)
- new option to add a textual watermark
- choice of format for YouTube videos (MP4 or FLV)
- fixed compatibility with Google Video and Yahoo! Video
- added video playback and download from Veoh
- fixed a sound problem with some DivX movies
- fixed compatibility with Perian 1.1
This beta version iscompatible withYouTube.
This beta version has not been fully tested.
Please do not link to this beta file: it may be removed in the future.Do not publish it to version sites.
Versionchanges (click to show)
- compatible with Mountain Lion
- fixed compatibility with YouTube
- fixed compatibility with YouTube
- fixed compatibility with YouTube
- fixed drag & drop of DVDs in Lion
- fixed compatibility with YouTube and Dailymotion
- once again, fixed compatibility with YouTube
- support for YouTube 1080p movies
- fixed the no sound issue in MPEG files with Mac OS X 10.6.3 orQuickTime 7.6.6
- again, fixed compatibility with YouTube and Dailymotion
- brand new deinterlacer
- better compatibility with Snow Leopard
- drag & drop of video URLs from Firefox
- fixed compatibility with YouTube and Dailymotion
- drag & drop of video URLs from Safari
- fixed a bug in Open URL
- support for Matroska MKV files
- selection of multiple audio/video tracks in movies
- save single audio/video tracks of movies
- multiplexing of one audio and one video track
- aspect ratio and rotation in edit menu
- support for YouTube HD movies
- fixed compatibility with Yahoo! Video and Dailymotion
- improved deinterlacer
To install the component in Lion or Mountain Lion, please download MPEG Streamclip 1.9.3b8 betaabove; inside the disk image you will find the Utility MPEG2Component M. Lion: use it to install the MPEG-2 Playback Component inLion or Mountain Lion. Theoriginal installer's disk image (QuickTimeMPEG2.dmg) is required.
The current versions of MPEG Streamclip cannot take advantage of thebuilt-in MPEG-2 functionality of Lion and Mountain Lion. For MPEG-2 files you still needto install the QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component, which is not preinstalled in Lion and Mountain Lion. You don'thave to install QuickTime 7.
Also read the information for Snow Leopard below.
If you are going to upgrade to SnowLeopard
Open the /System/Library/QuickTime folder and drag theQuickTimeMPEG2.component file to your desktop to make a copy of it.Then upgrade to Snow Leopard. When the upgrade is complete, open the/System/Library/QuickTime folder again and move theQuickTimeMPEG2.component file from the desktop to the/System/Library/QuickTime folder (enter your administrator password ifnecessary).
If you already upgraded to Snow Leopard
You have to reinstall or restore your MPEG-2 Playback Component.
If you have a Time Machine backup of your System folder, then open the/System/Library/QuickTime folder, enter Time Machine and go back intime until you see the QuickTimeMPEG2.component file; select that fileand then click Restore.
If you purchased the MPEG-2 Playback Component from the Apple OnlineStore, then you probably still have the DMG file that contains theinstaller. Use Spotlight to search for 'QuickTimeMPEG2.dmg': if youfind a file with that name, double-click it and then in the disk image,double-click the installer package for Intel Macs.
If you purchased the MPEG-2 Playback Component from the Apple OnlineStore but you can't find the QuickTimeMPEG2.dmg file, you can downloadthe file again from the Apple Online Store if you remember the Apple IDused when you originally purchased it (if you forgot your Apple ID thengo to Apple iforgot). Visitthe Apple Online Store, click on 'Account' in thestore menu, then click 'Downloadable Software Purchases,' enter yourApple ID and password, and click the link to the QuickTime MPEG-2Playback Component to download it again.
If you obtained the MPEG-2 Playback Component from the installation ofFinal Cut Studio, then you can reinstall it again from the Final CutStudio DVD. Insert the DVD and use the Finder's Go menu > Go ToFolder... command to get to the /Volumes/Final CutStudio/Installer/Packages/ folderinside the DVD. Locate the QuickTimeMPEG2.pkg or theQuickTimeMPEG2Pro.pkg installer: double-click it to reinstall theMPEG-2 component.
For MPEG-2 playback and conversion, you need the QuickTime MPEG-2Playback Component. You can buy it from Apple(www.apple.com/quicktime/mpeg2).If you have either Final Cut Pro orDVD Studio Pro, then the component is already installed and you don'thave to buy it; but you may need to download the latest version fromApple.If you bought an olderversion of the component, you can update it to the latest version(www.apple.com/quicktime/mpeg2/update).Note that the MPEG-2 componentis neither required nor useful for MPEG-1 or MPEG-4 files. But it isrequired for VOB files and transport streams, because they are MPEG-2files.
For DivX playback and editing, you have to install DivX (www.divx.com/divx/mac).
You can also install another codec like 3ivx (www.3ivx.com)or XviD(n.ethz.ch/student/naegelic),but only with DivX 6.5 and later (or DivX 5.2.1) you canencode DivX files with MP3audio.
For FLV playback and export, you can download and install Perian (www.perian.org).
For WMV playback, you can install Flip4Mac WMVPlayer (www.flip4mac.com/wmv.htm).If you also need to export WMV files to another format you have to buyFlip4Mac WMV Player Pro.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR WMV EXPORT: if you want to export to WMV with Exportto Other Formats, the free Flip4MacWMV Player stops at 30 seconds; for full length export you have to buyFlip4Mac WMV Studio (www.flip4mac.com/wmv_studio.htm).
Video conversion is performed in the YUV color space; you can choose toscale video to any frame size using a professional 2D-FIR scaler(better than bicubic) but you can also leave it unscaled. Otheroptional video processing features include a powerful motion-adaptivedeinterlacer, a field dominance converter, a chroma reinterlacer and anoption to perform interlaced scaling instead of progressive scaling.Audio can be converted to uncompressed or to IMA, AAC, MP2 or AMR usingthe high-quality MP1/MP2/AC3/PCM built-in decoders of MPEG Streamclip;it is also kept in perfect sync with video using a timekeeping system.
MPEG Streamclip can save edited movies as MOV files, and (whenpossible) as AVI or MP4 files. Edited MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 files are savedas MPEG or TS files.
MPEG Streamclip (with or without the MPEG-2 Playback Component) canalso convert MPEG-2 transport streams into muxed MPEG-2 files, forimmediate burning at full quality with Toast 6 or 7 and Sizzle; it canalso demux MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 files and transport streams with MPEG,AC3, PCM audio to M2V and AIFF (or M1A or AC3) files, for immediateburning at full quality with DVD Studio Pro or Toast 6 and 7. A specialdemuxing option is available for Final Cut Pro 4/5: this applicationdoes not work well with M2V files, but MPEG Streamclip can write aspecial 'unscaled' M2V file that preserves full video quality whenimported into Final Cut Pro.
MPEG Streamclip can handle files and streams larger than 4 GB, split inany number of segments, or with multiple audio tracks, and can alsooptionally handle timecode breaks. It is compatible with MPEG-1 andMPEG-2 video, MPEG layer 1/2 (MP1/MP2) audio, AC3/A52 audio, and PCMaudio.
The player included in MPEG Streamclip lets you preview the files andtransport streams before doing the conversion; it also lets youvisually set the In and Out points for the conversion so you canconvert just the part of the file you are interested in, and also cutcommercials and other unwanted parts, or edit the stream and join twostreams with Cut/Copy/Paste.
MPEG Streamclip supports batch processing: just drag some files in thebatch list, choose a conversion and a folder, click the Go button andMPEG Streamclip will automatically convert all your files.
MPEG Streamclip is also compatible with most MPEG-2 devices that useprogram or transport stream files, including FireWire MPEG-2 deviceslike Sony IP7/MicroMV, Sony HDR-FX1 (www.sony.com)and JVC GR-HD1camcorders; DVHSrecorders; FireWire/Ethernet/USB set-top boxes or digital videorecorders, like EyeTV (www.elgato.com),ReplayTV, the Samsung SIR-T16,the Humax PVR-8000, the Homecast, the Technisat S2 and the Siemens M740AV; USB cameras like Panasonic SV-AV100, Sony T1 and JVC Everio(www.jvc.com);DVDcamcorders like Panasonic VDR-M70 and HitachiDZ-MV230. MPEG Streamclip is also compatible with most DVD recorders,since it can open and convert unencrypted VOB or VRO files, andsupports AC3 audio.
You can import transport stream files from FireWire MPEG-2 devicesusing DVHSCap or VirtualDVHS, two free applications available fromApple as part of the FireWire SDK 20(developer.apple.com/sdk).NOTE: the latest FireWire SDK is not publicly available, please scrolldown the list until you find the FireWire SDK 20, or click this directdownload link from Apple: FireWireSDK 20. Install the package and you will find DVHSCap andVirtualDVHS in /Developer/FireWireSDK20/Applications/.
French users will find useful information in the Mac-Vidéoforum(forum.mac-video.fr);adesir, the forum administrator, is the Frenchtranslator of MPEG Streamclip.
“Is there any similar media converter program to MPEG Streamclip? I have used MPEG Streamclip on my Mac computer for years. But just a few days ago I got some Blu-ray discs and I found that MPEG Streamclip couldn’t convert these Blu-ray discs to digital video files. MPEG Streamclip is a really wonderful tool, but I now want a similar program that could handle Blu-ray discs. Is there any MPEG Streamclip alternative for Mac? Please help.”
As one of the best comprehensive media converter suite, MPEG Streamclip helps you handle most media conversions between videos. You could even edit these media files within MPEG Streamclip according to your own needs. However, MPEG Streamclip can’t handle Blu-ray discs. If you are looking for an alternative to MPEG Streamclip, you have come to the right place. Here we would like to share 3 best MPEG Streamclip alternatives for Mac and Windows computer users.
Part 1: Brief Introduction to MPEG Streamclip
Let’s firstly get to know what MPEG Streamclip is. As known to all, MPEG Streamclip is a powerful free video converter, player, editor for Mac and Windows. With MPEG Stramclip, you can:
- -Open and play most movie formats including MPEG files or transport streams;
- -Convert MPEG files between muxed/demuxed formats for authoring;
- -Encode movies to many formats, including iPod;
- -Edit these media files with Cut, Copy, Paste, Join and Trim editing features.
- -Download videos from YouTube and Google by entering the page URL.
- -Set In/Out points and convert them into muxed or demuxed files,
- -Export media files to QuickTime, AVI, DV and MPEG-4 files with more than professional quality.
So, you can easily import them in a DVD authoring tool, and use them with many other applications or devices.
This free application requires Windows XP or Windows Vista or Windows 7, but may also work in Windows 2000 and in Linux with WINE; it does not work in Windows 95/98/SE/ME. You have to download and install QuickTime, using one of these two installers (but NOT both): Apple QuickTime 7 free player or KL QuickTime Alternative 1.81
Supported input formats of MPEG Streamclip include: MPEG, VOB, PS, M2P, MOD, VRO, DAT, MOV, DV, AVI, MP4, TS, M2T, MMV, REC, VID, AVR, M2V, M1V, MPV, AIFF, M1A, MP2, MPA, AC3, etc. Obviously, if you want to handle Blu-ray discs, MPEG Streamclip isn’t the perfect tool. You have to turn to some MPEG Streamclip alternatives. We have listed 3 best MPEG Streamclip alternatives below.
Part 2: Best MPEG Streamclip Alternative for Windows/Mac - Leawo Prof. Media
The best of best MPEG Streamclip alternatives for Windows/Mac users is Leawo Prof. Media, which is an all-inclusive media converter suite that includes convert, burn, copy, download, edit, 2D to 3D conversion, etc. Similar to MPEG Streamclip, Leawo Prof. Media Ultra is also available in both Windows and Mac versions for Windows/Mac users.
Leawo Prof. Media includes multiple modules: Video Converter, Video Downloader, Blu-ray Ripper, Blu-ray Copy, Blu-ray Creator, DVD Ripper, DVD Creator, DVD Copy, Video Editor, 2D to 3D Converter, etc. With Leawo Prof. Media, you could do the following things:
- -Convert video and audio files between 200+ file formats like MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, MKV, FLV, MP3, AAC, etc. for various media players and devices like iOS devices, Android smartphones and tablets, Microsoft devices, etc.
- -Decrypt, rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD movies to video/audio files in 200+ file formats for various media players and devices. You could even rip and convert 4K Blu-ray movies to 4K MP4 or 4K MKV files without quality loss.
- -Convert and burn video files in nearly all formats to Blu-ray/DVD disc, folder and/or ISO image files, with disc region code and DVD video mode adjustable.
- -Decrypt, copy and back up Blu-ray/DVD movies to computer hard drive or blank disc in Full Movie, Movie-only or Custom Mode. 1:1 quality lossless backup is supported.
- Download online videos from YouTube, Facebook, Veoh, VEVO, and other 1000+ video sharing websites.
- -Turn photos into photo slideshow videos and then save in various formats for various formats, or even burn photos to Blu-ray/DVD content, with generated photo slideshow editable.
- -Edit Blu-ray/DVD/video files before converting or burning. Multiple editing features are available: trim video length, add image or text watermark, crop video size, adjust video effect, apply 3D effect, rotate video, remove noise, create chapter (only for burning to BD), etc.
- -Add disc menu from preset disc menu themes, and even design disc menu to make output Blu-ray/DVD content patent. You could add background music/image/video, adjust disc menu title font, color, size, content, position, etc.
- -Break disc protection upon Blu-ray/DVD discs and remove the region restrictions. Get rid of AACS, BD+ and the latest MKB protection upon Blu-ray discs, and CSS protection upon DVD discs for copy-protection free content.
- -Play back media files, even encrypted Blu-ray/DVD movies within Leawo Prof. Media, and preview any changes during editing, disc menu editing, etc.
- -Select subtitles and audio tracks from source media files. You could even add external subtitles to loaded video files.
- -Snap screenshots anytime you like during playback.
- -Leawo Prof. Media supports multiple GPU acceleration technologies, including NVIDIA CUDA, AMD APP, and Intel Quick Sync. It’s 6X faster than other similar tools.
Obviously, compared to MPEG Streamclip, Leawo Prof. Media has more features and functions to enhance your digital entertainment. If you want to know how to use Leawo Prof. Media, you could check Leawo Prof. Media user guide page. Which delivers detailed tutorial upon Leawo Prof. Media.
Part 3: Other Best MPEG Streamclip Alternatives for Windows/Mac
Leawo Prof. Media is a shareware tool, which means you can get a 30-day free trial version and then you have to pay for the tool to continue using its functions. Is there any free MPEG Streamclip alternative for Windows/Mac? Of course yes. Check the below 2 alternatives to MPEG Streamclip.
Mpeg Streamclip For Mac 10.8 Free Download
HandBrake is an open-source video transcoder available for Linux, Mac, and Windows. Everyone can use HandBrake to make videos for free. HandBrake is a post-production tool. Its primary purpose is to convert videos from supported source formats to MP4 or MKV format.
With HandBrake, you could:
- -Convert nearly any video to MP4 or MKV
- -Crop and resize video
- -Restore old and low-quality video
- -Remove combing artifacts caused by interlacing and telecine
- -Pass-through audio without conversion for certain audio types
- -Downmix discrete surround sound to matrixed surround or stereo
- -Adjust audio volume levels, and dynamic range for certain audio types
- -Preserve existing subtitles, and add or remove soft subtitles (subtitles stored as text)
However, there are also some disadvantages of HandBrake. Compared to MPEG Streamclip and Leawo Prof. Media, HandBrake can’t do the following things:
- -Combine multiple video clips into one
- -Pass-through video without conversion (video is always converted)
- -Create Blu-ray, AVCHD, or DVD discs
- -Decrypt copy-protections upon Blu-ray/DVD discs. You have to install disc decrypting plugins for HandBrake such as libdvdcss to get rid of the disc protection and region restriction.
- -Handle multiple tasks at one time.
Format Factory is software that allows the user to convert media into various file formats. The software is a product of PC Free Time, a Chinese software development company. The company is responsible for two other works: Picosmos Tools, which is used for creating and editing images, and Picosmos Shows, which creates slideshows for viewing an image collection across multiple devices.
- Format Factory is free.
- The app has an easy and clean user interface.
- It supports a wider range of media files.
- Video Joiner, Audio Joiner and Mux features come as bonus.
- The app is Windows only.
- The context menu options seem to have compatibility issues with Windows 8.1.
- Format Factor doesn’t copy and back up Blu-ray/DVD content to disc.
- Installer includes potentially unwanted programs (though these can be deselected).
Mpeg Streamclip For Mac Latest Version Free Download
Part 4: Comparison and Conclusion
All these 3 tools mentioned above are top alternatives to MPEG Streamclip for Windows/Mac. You could check the below table to learn their differences with MPEG Stramclip.
Mac The Ripper
Leawo Blu-ray Ripper
Convert video/audio/image files
Video/audio files only
Convert Blu-ray/DVD to video/audio
Copy and back up Blu-ray/DVD
Burn video/photos to Blu-ray/DVD
Edit Blu-ray/DVD movies
Edit video files
Input media files
Video/audio files in MPEG, VOB, VRO, DAT, MOV, DV, AVI, MP4, AIFF, M1A, MP2, MPA, AC3, etc.
Blu-ray, DVD, video and audio files in 200+ different formats, image files
Video, DVD, Blu-ray
Video, DVD, Blu-ray, images
Supported output format
Blu-ray, DVD, video and audio files in 200+ formats
Video and audio files in 200+ formats
Play back videos
Play back Blu-ray/DVD movies
Download online videos
Select subtitles and audio tracks
2D to 3D conversion
Support “Audio Copy” audio output support, to retain 5.1/7.1 audio channel output.
NVIDIA CUDA, Intel Quick Sync, AMD APP
Windows and Mac
Windows and Mac
Mpeg Streamclip 64 Bit
MPEG Streamclip is a wonderful tool. It’s totally free and should be a wonderful choice. However, if you want to handle encrypted Blu-ray/DVD content, Leawo Prof. Media would be a better choice. If you simply want to encode video files to MP4 or MKV, HandBrake is wonderful. Format Factory acts partly as MPEG Streamclip does, so does HandBrake. Among all these 3 best alternatives to MPEG Streamclip, Leawo Prof. Media is without doubt the best since it even gets some practical and useful features MPEG Streamclip doesn’t have.